Shirakiku Japanese Style Buckwheat Noodles | Dry Soba Noodles 28.21 Oz (800 g)
SKU: SHKK-BCKWHEAT-17LB ISBN: 074410411138
- Japanese Style Buckwheat Noodles
- Buckwheat isn’t actually a type of wheat. Rather, it’s a cousin of both rhubarb and sorrel and is referred to as a pseudocereal, a category of plants that have culinary uses and nutritional profiles very similar to cereal grains such as rice and wheat.
- It produces pyramid-shaped seeds, or groats, that are roasted and then cooked whole (called kasha), cracked (so they’re similar to grits), or milled into a flour.
- Buckwheat flour contains no gluten, the protein that gives wheat‑based doughs their elasticity. As a result, doughs made with buckwheat flour are delicate and the noodles tend to be more fragile than noodles that contain a blend of buckwheat flour and wheat flour
- Ingredients: Buckwheat Flour, Wheat Flour, Salt
- Easy to make
- Product of Japan
Checking local availability